Congratulations! You’re going to build a custom home. Well, every new house starts with some innovative designs. Such ideas can meet a slew of questions going on in your mind. The plan can affect the essential aspects related to the completion of your dream homes. Like the location of the building site, budget, and timeframe. It’s high time to plan the small details of your residence: size, must-haves, number of bedrooms, layout, basement, and so on.
However, the first thing you need to decide is whether you will go for buying a home plan or hiring an architect. In the first option, you need to buy a house plan previously planned by a licensed architect. The second one is to sit down with an architect and design the home layout as per your family’s needs. Well, both options contain a few pros and cons that will help you pick the right choice.
Custom Drawn Plans
The description of this idea lies in its name. Isn’t it? The custom drawn plan leads you to sit with a licensed architect. You can discuss your lifestyle and requirements essential to have in your dream home. Such as follows:
- Do you work at home?
- What are your five and ten-year goals?
- Do you spend a lot of time at home?
- Do you like to entertain?
The designer will compile all your needs and draw a custom home plan for your family.
- This design can meet your lifestyle and needs as you prefer.
- The architect or designer will consult you personally and make the draft based on your descriptions.
- You can include special requirements in the plan such as extra-large master closet, wheelchair access, etc.
- If you want, they can add a unique flair to specific elements of the house.
- You can consult about the building material suitable according to the plan.
- The including features can increase the cost of the building charges.
- Conflicts with builder
Buying a home plan or stock plan includes a few common and popular designs often requested by homeowners. This previously drawn plan is preferable for most homeowners and appeals to the masses. Besides, it saves your time to meet the architect.
A fast and simple process of purchase
- Save thousands of bucks for investing in a home building instead of wasting meetings.
- Capability to modify a plan
- Stock home plans are easily accessible and available to buy.
- These plans are flexible to alterations and pocket-friendly.
- No hidden costs while making adjustments
- You can have a wide variety of designs for the perfect home plan.
- Not as customizable as custom drew the plan
- You may need additional information to meet local regulations
Well, any option can take you to your goal of making your dream home. Hence, the decision is up to you. You can visit our architects of TOP Architectural & Engineering Design Services LLC to meet your queries.